Bamboo Clothing | Sustainable Fashion

About Us


Bamboo – A Revolution in the Manufacturing Sector!

bamboo forests

“The world has enough resources for everyone’s need but not for anyone’s greed” is indeed an ingenious statement made by an ingenious man, Mahatma Gandhi. And today his words are being put to a test as never before. With the increase in population the demand for single-use plastic has increased drastically. Plastic is among the world’s largest contributors to non-biodegradable waste. The world now produces more than 380 million tonnes of plastic every year, which could end up as pollutants, entering our natural environment and oceans. From this, only 9% is being recycled and the rest 91% ends up finding its way floating in the water bodies or being buried in landfills.

Plastic wastes

We aim to reduce our overall waste, leave as few footprints as possible and have a positive impact on our planet. To achieve this we should stop using plastic.

How can we reduce the pollution caused by plastic?
The answer to this problem lies in the fact that we as individuals start making better choices. Peter Marshall once said, “ Small deeds done are better than Great deeds planned.” And a simple way in which you can make a difference is by switching to sustainable products and saying no to single-use plastics.

So what else can you use instead?
Bamboo! It’s a great alternative to plastic. But here the question arises that “ Can bamboo save the planet?” Well, the answer to this question is still unknown but this amazing plant and it’s surging popularity in a huge variety of products offers mankind a chance to enjoy many of the comforts of modern life without causing any irreparable damages to our environment.

13 reasons why bamboo can serve as a better alternative to plastic!

  1. Renewable resource. Depending on the species, bamboo can be harvested in one to five years. Hardwoods like oak take at least forty years to mature before they can be harvested. Almost 1 million acres of forests are lost each week worldwide to deforestation.
  2. It’s the fastest growing plant on the earth. Some species of bamboo grow more than three feet each day!
  1. It’s strong and durable. It is because of its strength that it is also called “green steel”.
  2. It’s safe and hygienic. It comprises of an antimicrobial bio-agent called the “bamboo kun”.
  3. It absorbs greenhouse gases. Bamboo absorbs carbon dioxide and releases 35% more oxygen into the atmosphere.
  4. Very little waste. Every part of the plant is used to make a wide variety of products.
  5. Versatility. Bamboo can replace the use of wood in almost all the industries.
  6. No fertilizer, pesticides, or herbicides needed. Bamboo does not require any agricultural chemicals to thrive.
  7. Soil protection. Bamboo roots remain in place after harvesting where they prevent erosion and help retain nutrients for the next crop.
  8. Economic development. Bamboo production and the manufacturing of bamboo products provides job opportunities in areas that desperately need social and economic stability.
    Bamboo is useful in the following industries:
    • Construction work
    • Paper industry
    • Bioenergy industry
    • Textile industry
    • Wood industry
    • Forestry
    • Textile industry
    • Food and beverage industry
    • Automotive industry
    • Sports and recreation industry
    • Electronics industry
    • Farming industry
Uses of bamboo
  1. Bamboo grows in a variety of conditions. From low wetlands to higher elevations in the mountains, bamboo thrives in a wide range of climates, even in arid regions.
  2. Optimism and cultural cooperation. In a world where wars are fought over resources, the increasing popularity of bamboo products provides an opportunity for diverse cultures to settle their differences through trade and cooperation that benefits everyone.
  3. It helps in protecting biodiversity and endangered species. The giant pandas totally rely on bamboo trees for food.
Giant Panda

Bamboo is used in almost all the industries for manufacturing purposes. Most of the products we use can be made from bamboo.
Here is a list of 16 products we use on the daily basis which can be made from bamboo.
• Toothbrushes
• Pipes
• Straws
• Cutlery
• Chopsticks
• Rugs
• Toys
• Musical instruments
• Fuel
• Writing surface
• Weapons
• Furniture
• Jewelry
• Accessories
• Clothes
• Medicinal purposes

Some bamboo products

4 Unusual Uses of Bamboo:
• In building roads
• To promote fertility in cows
• To make diapers
• To make beer
So, you see bamboo has a wide range of uses. It can serve as a great option for reducing the use of plastic and make this Earth a better place to live. The Earth is something we all have in common, so we all should work together to make it a better place to live for the posterity.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top