We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.Chief Seattle
When nations started worrying about toxification of Land, Air, and Water resources by plastic, they push people to go ethical by promoting sustainable products and Bamboo doesn’t want to miss its place as an alternative.
Bamboo, the earth’s most eco-friendly resource often called Green Gold is now getting more importance in the global textile industry.
Sustainable and eco-friendly Bamboo Clothes are now fascinating the people who prefer to wear ethical dresses than conventional polyester cloths.
Why Bamboo Clothing?
The reason to go for ethical Bamboo clothing is they are soft, smooth-flowing, easy to wear, economical and they also offer the same style and versatility which conventional plastic clothes do.
Looking for wellness with beauty, Go Green and Go Local by choosing Bamboo Clothes.
Bamboo Clothing is available for all categories of people ranging from Men, Women, and Infants. Bedroom rugs, Bathroom towels, and even underwear can be knitted using Bamboo Fibers.
Click here to learn about the processing of bamboo from harvest ground to bamboo fabric.
Benefits of Bamboo Clothing:
- UV Protection: Researches have proved that bamboo fabrics are capable of cutting harmful Ultraviolet radiation.
- Anti Bacterial and Anti Fungal: This green grass has Bamboo Kun a bio-agent found naturally gives antimicrobial and antifungal property to the fabric.
- Breathable: Bamboo fiber structure paves way for smooth airflow and regulates the temperature between the body and air and acts as a thermoregulator.
- Hypoallergenic: Eco-Chic organic bamboo clothes are hygienic and fresh smelling.
- Lustrous appearance: Gives the same silky feeling but less cost.
- Non-Irritating and Non-Sensitive.
- Wrinkle-resistant and dries rapidly.
- Absorb sweating and moisture easily.
- It’s Cool and Soft texture label it as ideal and comfortable wear for the summer season.
- Absorbs dyes faster, almost half of the time, and gives better clarity to clothes.
How Bamboo Clothes are superior to cotton and other natural fibers?
Bamboo grass requires less water and the bioagent Bamboo Kun make’s the grass free from the use of fertilizer and pesticides. There is no need for any additional support systems after harvest as the roots are capable of regeneration.
The above-mentioned factors make bamboo farming more economical.
Cotton, on the other hand, requires more water and appears as labor-intensive farming for the growers. Cotton also needs fertilizers and pesticides to show good yields.
Initiatives needed to prepare bamboo clothes for the global market
Analyzing all the benefits of bamboo, the Government of India had launched the National Bamboo Mission to encourage nonforest farming of the eco-corp with an aim to double farmers’ income by 2022. The mission plans to make things viable by encouraging value addition to bamboo products and bamboo fabrics.
When everyone starting from the common man to the government is ready to adopt the behavioral change, it’s time for the manufacturers and the regulatory bodies to accept the responsibility to deliver genuine bamboo clothes in the market, by using certified organic bamboo yarns.
Organic Yarn Certifications
GOTS – Global Organic Textile Standard.
OCS – Organic Content Standard.
Organic Exchange Blended Standard.
Shifting from conventional clothes to ethical clothing will not only bring benefits personally to you but it will help in increasing rural income especially for the tribal community.
Wearing alternatives to polyester will definitely improve ocean health.
Farming of Bamboo on non-forest private lands will reduce desertification.
Hence shifting from conventional outfits to sustainable and eco-fashionable bamboo clothing will not only yield benefits for the individual it will also create impacts at both the community and the ecosystem level.